My hubby is a good guy. He does a lot for his family. When my son
or I break something he is always there to rescue us by fixing it. He helps with dishes and laundry when I am busy here in my blog or running after our son. My son LOVES to play with daddy and they have their own little world which I love listen to. So I decided I wanted to make something for him as a thank you. So what are his two most favorite things? Coffee and Cheesecake. So why not put those two things together? I found an awesome recipe for a coffee cheesecake, so I started looking at the Smart and Final circular (#ChooseSmart) to see what I can find:
Although they did not have coffee on sale they had pumpkins for 2.99 and my son has been begging for one to carve. I thought this would be a cool since it is a small one and my son can carry it.
So off we went. We first stopped to get him a hair cut because the poor kid can’t see through his bangs!
He wanted to show it off so as we got to Smart and Final I took a picture of his new hair cut:
I was SOOOO tempted to buy a dessert and be done:
- 2 cups crushed chocolate graham crackers (about 18 crackers)
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 4 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate liqueur (or coffee liquor)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 4 large eggs
- 4 Semi-sweet baking chocolate squares
- Mocha Sauce
- 1. Stir together crushed graham crackers and melted butter; press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray.